1. Is there an age requirement to enroll?
Anyone interested can enroll regardless of age. Children under 18 need the permission of a parent or legal guardian to enroll.
2. What are the admission requirements for enrollment?
- Complete Application Form.
- Admission Fee $50.
- Original High School Diploma/GED or Sealed Transcripts.
- Birth Certificate or Passport.
- Authorization of parent or guardian if the applicant is under the age of 18.
- Read and sign the Study Contract.
3. When can I Register?
Anyone interested in any of our programs may apply for admission throughout the year. To be admitted to the program you must meet the admission requirements.
- Fall Semester: August
- Spring Semester: December
- Summer Semester: April
4. Can I transfer credits from another institution to CCAT?
Yes, in order to complete the transfer you must request an official transcript of credits. You must complete the process before the registration deadline. The transcript should be sent to:
Center of Cinematography, Arts, and Television
1637 NW 27 AVE
Miami, FL 33125
5. Do you offer Financial Aid?
CCAT provides our students with Financial Assistance and guidance. The Financial Aid Office is available at your convenience and is responsible for providing all qualifying students financial alternatives that aid with the cost of our programs. As an accredited institution grants available for eligible students are:
- Federal Pell Grant (FAFSA)
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
6. I do not qualify for financial aid. Do you offer payment plans?
We do offer payment plans for the students who qualify. The Finance Office is available to facilitate payment plans for students to help meet the cost of each program.
7. What is the duration of the programs?
CCAT offers Technical Diplomas (12 months) and Associate Degrees (24 months). Each year we offer 3 Semesters: Fall (September), Spring (February) and Summer (June).
8. What is the Class Schedule?
Monday-Thursday : 9 A.M to 1.30 P.M
Monday- Thursday: 6:00 PM to 10:30 PM
9. Do I need to buy my own equipment?
CCAT has the equipment and technology necessary for students to develop their technical skills. The student is not required to buy their own equipment.
10. What services do you offer the student?
CCAT has an administrative staff that offers personalized service to provide support to students to achieve their academic and personal goals through counseling offices, student affairs practice, and placements.
11. Do you help students find jobs?
CCAT has a Placement Office that assists all students graduating in effectively undertaking a career in the media field. It offers counseling and workshops for job search. The services provided by the Placement Office are free of charge to all students of the institution. However, CCAT does not guarantee employment.
12. For more information and a tour of the facility, do I need to make an appointment?
No, anyone may visit our facility during office hours. If you would prefer to make an appointment please do so by contacting the admissions office.
Our office hours are:
Monday – Thursday
9:00 AM to 8:00 PM
10:00 AM to 1:00 PM